Right click on the image above and select the option to “download image” or “save image as” so you can reuse. In addition, highlight and copy the article text below and paste into your marketing piece, blog or social media page.
#FreebieFriday – 5 Tips to Create a Great First Impression with Your Entryway Décor
The entryway is one of the most critical parts of the home, and the right entryway decor can make a wonderful first impression. It is important for every homeowner to pay careful attention to the decorating style of the entryway in order to ensure that the first impression is a good one.
While creating a winning entryway design is always important, it is even more critical for homeowners who plan to put their houses on the market. Whether it is fair or not, first impressions really do matter, and creating a winning first impression is a big part of selling a home.
Many homeowners are afraid that redesigning the entryway will be prohibitively expensive, but the good news is that many of the most effective enhancements are also quite affordable. If you have been looking for a way to spruce up the entryway to your home and create a positive first impression you may want to consider these simple upgrades:
- Add an assortment of wall sconces – Wall sconces are among the most attractive – and most inexpensive – enhancements for the entryway. Adding a set of wall sconces just inside the door can make the entryway look much more attractive and beautiful, all for a cost that is very affordable.
- Create a photo collage – Adding a photo collage is a great way to show off your cherished family members and create a positive first impression. Family photos are always a great choice when it comes to home decor, and the entryway of the home makes a perfect spot for showing off your favorite family memories. A photo collage is a low cost way to enhance the beauty of your entryway and let your guests share in your pride.
- Add an assortment of wall shelves – Every family needs a great place to show off their treasures, and wall shelves provide a great way to do just that. Adding a couple of shelves to the walls of the entryway is a great way to enhance the beauty of the home while providing some much needed storage space.
- Add a touch of class with the right artwork – The right artwork can enhance the charm of any room of the house. Placing a beautiful piece of artwork just inside the entryway is a great way to show off your taste and style, so look for a suitable painting or print and get going. Artwork can also be a real conversation starter, making the entryway a perfect place for your favorite work of art. New guests will certainly be intrigued by your choice of artwork, providing a positive first impression.
- Show off your style with a lighted accent mirror – The entryway is also a great place for a lighted accent mirror. Placing a mirror at this strategic location will allow family members, guests and others one last chance to check their looks before heading in or out of the home. A lighted mirror is also a beautiful accent piece, making it a great choice for the entryway.